Independence Day is just around the corner, and what better way to liven up your celebration than with fresh flowers? At Garden Roses Direct, we offer a variety of beautiful roses that are perfect for every occasion, including your 4th of July gatherings.
We have a wonderful idea for showcasing our beautiful roses for Independence Day: An American Flag flower arrangement! The final product will be sure to make an eye-catching statement at a wedding, a birthday, or a family barbecue.
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create your very own American Flag flower arrangement with fresh blooms from Garden Roses Direct.
1. To start, select a container. A vintage wood grate is an excellent choice to give the piece a rustic-vibe.
2. Line your container with a plastic liner, such as a heavy-duty garbage bag.
3. Soak floral foam in water to prepare it for your arrangement. Soak it with water by submerging it in a vessel. Allow it to sit in the water until it is completely wet. You will know that it is completely wet once it stops creating bubbles in the water.
5. Cut any plastic that is overlapping the sides of your container.
6. Gather your collection of roses. You will need red and white roses for this arrangement. Blue roses are hard to come by, but you can create your own by painting them with blue floral spray paint.
7. Trim the stems off the flowers so that there approximately 5 inches of stem from the base of the bloom.
8. Start your arrangement by placing the blue flowers in the upper left corner of your container. Insert the stems into the floral foam, creating a small square.
9. Next, start working on your white and red stripes. Create alternating rows of red and white, starting with your red blooms. Insert the flowers into the floral foam. You should have created a total of 13 stripes, just like on the American flag.
10. To create the stars, simply cut 50 stars out of heavy white paper.
11. Poke a floral pin into the center of the stars and place them on top of the blue flowers.
And there you have it! A beautiful patriotic floral display for your 4th of July celebration!